This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 20, 2023
Position: Help Desk Coordinator
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Application Deadline: Wednesday October 04, 2023 @ 11:59 PM
Salary (incremental increases up to 30 months):
The Help Desk Coordinator is the first point of contact for London Police Service (LPS) employees seeking support from the Information Technology (IT) Branch. The Help Desk Coordinator provides and maintains a high level of customer service and coordinates the intake and movement of IT support requests within the organization.
- Review, triage, and assign IT requests submitted by members of the London Police Service (LPS) to the electronic ticketing system.
- Monitor new ticket requests, categorize, and assign to appropriate IT team member.
- Update tickets with pertinent information, correspondence, and timelines.
- Follow up with IT Team Members on overdue requests and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Greet members as they attend IT, determine nature of visit, and create ticket requests when required.
- Provide basic frontline technical support and assistance with common issues when appropriate.
- Provide known troubleshooting and solutions to all commonly encountered hardware and software issues and assist with diagnosing user issues.
- Provide basic informal training and guidance to users in person, over the phone, and by email.
- Assist in the setup, maintenance and basic repair of equipment as needed.
- Submit repair requests for licensed and purchased equipment and facilitate equipment shipments and returns.
- Assist Supervisors with contacting vendors, following up on purchase requests, and preparing purchase orders.
- Liaise with vendors in relation to invoices and/or account information.
- Register IT members for training courses and seminars and assist with travel expense reimbursement claims.
- Order and receive stationary supplies and ensure an adequate supply is maintained for the IT Branch.
- Other duties as assigned within the core competencies.
Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Pension Plan (OMERS), Employee Family Assistance Plan, and on-site Fitness Facilities
Hours of Duty:
Day shift; Monday-Friday
Please refer to the “How to Apply” page on our website for application instructions. We thank all applicants for their interest in the London Police Service; however, only those selected will be contacted.
London Police Service is committed to creating and fostering a diverse and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens that we serve. It is the LPS policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant, in accordance with federal and provincial regulations and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Applicants requiring accommodation for any stage of the application process, please contact our Human Resources Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The London Police Service is located in southwestern Ontario, Canada. We have over 800 members (officers and civilians) and we proudly serve over 400,000 residents in the City of London. Our mission is to ensure the safety and well-being of London’s communities and our goal is to have a membership that is representative of the diverse London community.
- 1-2 years’ post-secondary education in a technology related field, or equivalent.
- 6-12 months’ relevant experience in customer service or technical support.
- Strong problem-solving skills and judgement required for problems or situations that deviate from straight-forward procedures on a regular basis and to operate and maintain several specific pieces of equipment, and/or assisting with mechanical breakdowns that require specific training/judgement to assess and execute repairs.
- Strong communication skills for regular contact with LPS members to give, obtain and/or exchange routine information or decisions requiring general discussion, and explanation to ensure understanding.