This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 29, 2022
Part-time Technologist (COM 40666)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours per week.
Pay Details: $23.87 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a regular part-time position (up to 24 hours per week). This competition is open to external applicants and all employees of Fanshawe College; however, applications from Regular Part-time (RPT) members of the Part-time Support Staff bargaining unit will be given first consideration.
Duties: Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media, the Part-time Technologist will provide support to multiple media programs operating out of the Broadcast Centre at Fanshawe’s London Campus.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support as needed for faculty and students utilizing a wide range of media production software and hardware
- Routine maintenance of production technology
- IT support for servers, workstations, and software specific to media production
- Troubleshooting for faculty and students
- Other duties as assigned
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Media Production, Media Technology, IT, or related area of study
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a media production or related environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Familiarity with media production hardware, including cameras, lighting equipment, audio equipment, media players, servers, etc.
- Familiarity with media production software including AVID Media
- Composer and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of advanced production software such as Nuke and Cinema 4D an asset
- Team player, multi-tasker, committed to student success, and possess excellent communication skills