This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 13, 2023
Senior Buyer (PCM 40856)
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $38.01 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: Previous applicants need not re-apply for this position. Your previously received application will still be considered.
Note: This is a full-time temporary Support position until October 24, 2024 with the possibility of extension (35 hours per week).
Duties: The incumbent, in conjunction with the Manager, Contract Management Office, provides various procurement services and co-ordinates related purchasing functions to College users. The incumbent also assists the Manager in certain strategic and operational functions regarding purchasing matters.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma/degree in Purchasing, Business or Legal
- CPPB designation or equivalent level in SCMP designation
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive public procurement experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience with an integrated enterprise software system with a medium to large-sized public sector organization
- Expertise with the procurement application of applicable trade treaties, including CETA, CFTA, The Competition Act, and administering the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills; superior communication skills; above average Excel and Word skills, excellent negotiating skills and conflict resolution skills