||Apr 12, 2021
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Department of Medicine possesses a strong track record of academic excellence. We attract the best and brightest students, residents, and fellows, because of our excellent faculty and staff, innovative teaching methods and rich and diverse learning experiences in an environment that is supportive and nurturing. Our faculty and trainees are passionate about ensuring the consistent delivery of patient centered care, including safety and quality. We are part of a larger healthcare system that works to deliver the health solutions that people require in London and Southwestern Ontario. The Department of Medicine works closely with academic hospitals, the Southwest Local Health Integrated Network and community physicians and partners to achieve accessible and sustainable healthcare for all.
The Financial Officer is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative, human resources and financial functions and processes and for ensuring they are carried out in compliance with all relevant administrative policies and procedures. This includes ensuring effective and efficient financial administration, and providing financial, accounting, and budgetary support within the department. The Financial Officer will facilitate the implementation of financial processes and practices in compliance with the policies, procedures, and legislation applicable to the University, Hospitals, Research Institute, and AFP Governance organizations which affect physician clinical and non-clinical remuneration, and will compile relevant data, and conduct timely and accurate financial analysis and reporting. This role will be a first point of contact and act as a resource in relation to all accounting, financial, procurement and budgeting processes for the department as funds cross institutional boundaries and affect operating and grant funding.
The Financial Officer will also provide financial and administrative support to Division Chair/Chiefs and the Department Chair/Chief on project management, participate in relevant committees, and ensure the availability of necessary documentation, resources and information.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management/Administration
- Completion or working towards your Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- 5 years' experience in Accounting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of financial analysis and planning, financial guidelines for research accounts, and complex reporting and accounting issues
- Familiarity with Human Resources principles and practices
- Analytical skills to accurately interpret and integrate report data from various sources
- Customer service skills with a desire to achieve results in a professional and timely manner
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Discretion, tact and maturity to deal with highly confidential subjects or issues
- Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
- Computer skills, including advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to creatively use and integrate technology to improve quality and productivity
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, while being open to trying new ideas and working methods
- Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #21884, by midnight on April 19, 2021.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.