This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 03, 2022
Professor – Public Relations and Digital Communications (COM 40665)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Internal Close – October 11, 2022
External Close - Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
The successful candidate will join the School of Contemporary Media and teach courses in the Public Relations – Corporate Communications graduate certificate program and the Digital Communication Management graduate certificate program.
Course assignments may include but are not limited to: Writing for Public Relations I and II; Media Relations and Crisis Communications; Professional Practice and Ethics; Specializations in Public Relations; Strategic Public Relations; Professional Presentation Skills, Writing for Digital Media I and II.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Ability to evaluate student progress/achievement and assume responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders
- Commitment to a team approach for problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to deliver curriculum in a manner that meets the needs of diverse learners
- Commitment to and support of equity, diversity and inclusivity in classroom
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
Approximate Start Date: January 3, 2023
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $67,221 to $116,532 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 4-year Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Communications, Public Relations or Marketing required
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a relevant field preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant industry experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience in public relations, internal communications, and media relations required
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Familiarity with digital communication software and platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and Google Analytics
- Crisis communications and community relations experience preferred