Posting VCS #101
This position is responsible to provide general maintenance services to Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for children and staff.
Full Time Position - Maintenance Mechanic
$41,089 - $46,586
- grade 12, with diploma in technical education
- 3 years experience in related maintenance and building trades
- Experience in a residential care setting preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office package (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license
- Training in building trades such as carpentry, dry walling, electrical repairs, plumbing
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills & wrenches
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Verbal and written communication skills are needed to immediately understand and convey information with respect to repairs and contracts
- responsible for routine procedures
- making quick decisions in emergency situations such as equipment breakdowns, which require analytical thinking to decide the nature of each problem and whether an outside contractor should be called
- prioritizes maintenance and repair work
Vulnerable Sector Check and COVID vaccination is required
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Vanier is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees, our clients/families, and the healthcare systems in the communities in which we serve. To protect the wellbeing of our employees and clients, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Vanier. As such, all offers of employment will be conditional upon either (i) proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) proof of need for accommodation under relevant human rights legislation, and Vanier’s determination that the requested accommodation can be provided without undue hardship. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or proof of need for accommodation during our background screening process.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.