This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 07, 2022
||High School Diploma
Why work for Sofina Foods Inc?
Language of Work:
Afternoon Shift - 225pm-1155pm, Mon to Fri
Sofina Foods Inc. (401 Canarctic Dr. Toronto, ON M3J 2P9)
Full-time, Permanent | 40hrs/week+
- Competitive salary starting at $17.91 per hour
- Base rate pay raises over 2 years (6mos: $0.50/hr, 12mos: $0.50/hr, 18mos: $1.00/hr, 24mos: $1.00/hr)
- Overtime opportunities (1.5x rate after 8hrs daily AND on Saturdays / 2x rate on Sundays)
- Company paid pension contributions
- Unionized environment
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift and or move materials
- This position requires 100% physical effort entailing standing, lifting and repetitive movements.
- The work environment is wet, damp, and dusty and refrigerated (50 degree F or less).
- Occasionally working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.
- The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection is mandatory.
- The use of safety rubber boots is mandatory.
- All PPE must be used as required for safety.
- There may be occasional travel between plants.
Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and food service customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken, and fish products. Our family of brands includes Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva, and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza, and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks
- Feed and unload food, beverage and associated products processing machines
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.