This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 31, 2021
Reporting to the Vice-President, the Controller serves as a key business partner to the VP and Operational leaders.
The role is responsible for all Financial Management functions and will have the accountability of Operations support and financial duties relating to the Company.
The Controller is directly responsible for the financial reporting and controls of the unit and is expected to use influencing skills to work cross functionally across the business. This includes the ongoing management of the operating financial plans as well as ensuring internal and external financial policy and procedures are followed.
The incumbent will assume day-to-day responsibility and provide accurate Financial Reporting to VP and Corporate Head Office within targeted timelines.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree in Business Administration/Commerce with a CPA designation and a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a finance role with demonstrated financial acumen and solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
In addition, you will possess excellent communication and leadership skills and a thorough understanding of integrated business software packages.
A thorough knowledge of the concepts/principles of supply management, inventory control, order fulfillment, warehousing and distribution, would be skill-sets that lead to success in the role. The incumbent should possess strong sense of accountability and ownership of the role, to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Reporting processes such as Weekly forecasts, Monthly P&L’s, Latest Estimates (L.E.), Budget, statistical/operational reporting and ad hoc analysis. Ensures timely and quality reporting, providing effective and precise information to the site and client management.
- Support Operations with Cost Analysis, administration and execution of contractual agreement, Web PO controls, Capex requests, Budget process, L.E. process, etc.
- Closing and analysis of monthly P&Ls.
- Monthly Customer Contract Reconciliations/Invoicing.
- Support Credit & Collections processes.
- General accounting duties, as assigned, which include bank reconciliations, journal entries, account reconciliations, coordinate activities in Accounts Payable including payments, GST/HST remittances.
- Provide assistance with external audit process.
- Share initiatives and improvements of business processes and promotes ideas through the entire company to ensure systems and operational processes meet the ongoing departmental needs.
- Relationship management – ensuring productive and cordial relationships with customers, operations and other departments including IT, HR and Payroll.
- Provides leadership by:
- Articulating organizational goals and aligning individual goals to parallel those of the organization
- Prioritization of activities
- Providing feedback and measurement of success
- Project management
- Professional designation CA, CPA, CMA or CGA designation
- 5 to 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Supervision experience a plus
- Excellent Excel and data manipulation skills, Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Weekly forecasting and budget process experience
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Navision and/or other integrated financial systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment
Application Contact Information