This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Job #: 830-102822-100
|Nov 25, 2022
Position: Temporary Full-Time Community Development Specialist – Transition Navigation
Job #: 830-102822-100
Compensation: $26.39/hour; vacation pay; benefits in lieu
Expected end: July 2023
Location: London, ON, plus travel throughout Humana sites
Schedule: Shift work is required, including evenings, weekends, public holidays and overnights
Apply by: Sunday, December 4, 2022 - Submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating your written communication skills. Indicate the job reference number in the subject line and/or cover letter. (Submissions without job # might be missed.) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Humana Community Services is committed to ongoing efforts to fulfil our equity, diversity, and inclusion promise. Due to the nature of services provided and the vulnerable people we serve, Humana can only employ candidates who satisfactorily meet the requirements of any job vacancy within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen to move forward in the selection process will be contacted. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please email email@example.com or call 519.435.1099 x1106.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This position will collaborate with key employees and members of the management team across Humana and includes the need to travel to supported-living sites providing support to youth, and adults with developmental disabilities
- Provide direction and facilitate training support for navigating and coordinating transitions of participants while facilitating the growth and development of programming opportunities
- Contribute to regular feedback regarding transition program development including SWOT analysis, engage in continuous program evaluation and improvement in conjunction with members of the management team, collect and interpret program data
- Identify and track areas of improvement for teams and achievement toward transition goals
- Engage with volunteers and community partners to develop a comprehensive list of community resources that will lead to learning opportunities for participants
- Cultivate and influence connections with direct support staff to support transitions
- Respond to incoming requests for services and conduct intake screening interviews, tours, assessments, admissions, and orientation of incoming participants as required
- Coordinate regular meetings, staff training, and committee work
Internal employees will be given first consideration for this position.
Humana Community Services is a registered charity that unified Anago (Non) Residential Resources Inc. and WAYS Mental Health Support in February 2021. Our organization is committed to finding, developing, and delivering high-quality personalized supports and solutions to at-risk children and youth with mental health diagnoses, and adults with developmental disabilities. We strive to build a vibrant community where people and their supports can connect, grow, and thrive.
- Post-secondary education in Human, Health, and/or Social Services (e.g., DSW, PSW, SSW, CYC)
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of support requirements specific to the roles and responsibilities of the job
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication
- Strong mentorship, advocacy, organization, communication, and problem-solving skills, in addition to attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team, and independently as necessary
- Multilingualism and having diverse lived experiences are considered assets
- Valid Class G (full) Driver’s License with a 3-year Uncertified Driver Record (mandatory)
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check with Humana listed as the employer (mandatory)
- Physical Health assessment: verification of up-to-date immunizations, COVID vaccination status (2 doses), and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position (mandatory)
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (mandatory) *Level C with AED training preferred