This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 19, 2022
HVAC Technician - Gasfitter 2 (FME 40623)
Maintenance Services and Utilities
Facilities Operations and Sustainability
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Pay Details: $35.83 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Duties: Under general direction of the Manager, the incumbent provides rapid response to environmental temperature complaints and HVAC/Refrigeration system breakdowns. Installs and maintains refrigeration, air-conditioning and heating systems.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration – Certificate of Qualification
- Gas Technician 2 certificate (500 hours of classroom training required plus work experience)
- Ozone Depletion certificate (8 to 10 hours)
- Minimum 5 years’ industrial and commercial refrigeration, air conditioning, heating and building automation system experience to enable independent exercise of technical skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills