Why work for Sofina Foods Inc?
Language of Work:
- Competitive salary starting at $36.00 per hour, plus $1 for each additional relevant license
- Base rate pay raises over 2 years (January 1, 2023: $36.50/hr / January 1, 2024: $37.10/hr)
- Overtime opportunities (1.5x rate after 8hrs daily AND on Saturdays / 2x rate on Sundays)
- Company paid pension contributions
- Unionized environment
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
Afternoon Shift - 2pm-1230am, Mon to Fri
Midnight Shift – 1030pm-830am, Sun to Thurs
Sofina Foods Inc. (3340 Orlando Dr., Mississauga, ON L4V 1C7)
Full-time, Permanent | 40hrs/week+
- Must have experience operating Refrigeration equipment
- 3-5 years experience as a licensed Millwright
- Basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for quick troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems, and facilities
- Industrial plant maintenance experience including, but not limited to, the installation, maintenance, repair, and overhaul of conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, rail assemblies, hydraulic assemblies, pneumatic assemblies, and packaging machinery
- Industrial plant maintenance experience
- Must be willing and able to lift and or move materials
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Highly organized and multitask oriented
- Experience in a computerized environment, PLC, automated equipment
- Experience in a food plant
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and food service customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken, and fish products. Our family of brands includes Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva, and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza, and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.