This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 09, 2022
Timberland Equipment Limited is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we have been a fully operational 80,000 square foot facility with engineering, sales and manufacturing departments all under one roof since 1947.
This position is responsible for all incoming and outgoing communication and ensures all contractual commitments are met. The Project Manager will work with the team on assigned projects from the time a customer order is placed until the customer has received and accepted all deliverables of the project. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
We design it in-house, we build it in-house.
Employing over 100 employees, our skilled trades, engineering expertise, professionalism, project management experience and in-house capabilities make us the preferred choice for global engineered material handling solutions for the underground and surface mining, heavy construction, electrical power transmission and distribution, marine and offshore oil & gas sectors.
WHAT YOU GAIN FROM WORKING HERE
- Coordinate (and follow-up) completion of all customer submittal requirements, and ensure they are submitted in accordance the contract schedule
- Primary contact and controller of all communication flow between the customer and Timberland
- Develop an overall schedule for the project in coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing and communicate it to the customer with regular updates
- Follow-up the activities of all departments to ensure that contract requirements are met in timely manner
- Assist, if necessary, to ensure that long lead purchased items have been identified, and ordered in a timely manner so that delivery commitments will be met
- Provide status reports and updated schedules to the customer as required by the contract
- Attend customer progress meetings when required
- Co-ordinate customer or third party inspector visits to the factory during scheduled inspections
- Maintain a file of all written correspondence for the project to be added to the engineering W/O file upon completion of the project
- Coordinate the creation of backup documentation for all invoicing and follow-up with the customer regarding status of payment to ensure progress payments are received on a timely basis
- Experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Work on complex projects involving
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- An understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
ATTRITUBES WE SEEK
READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT?
Qualified applicants may submit resumes, stating position above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
- Post-secondary education in project management
- Previous project management experience in a manufacturing setting
- A solid understanding of project management tools and responsibilities
- Effective working as a team member and/or independently
- Strong verbal communication proven through the ability to lead without authority and motivate others to task
- Comfortable producing and compiling accurate written communication for customers, inspectors, third party authorities and internal departments and managers at Timberland
- Sound technical background; solid understanding of manufacturing processes and systems
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and effectively manage assignments
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required to support customer start-up or trouble shooting