This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 17, 2022
Payments Accountant (PAP 40562)
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $28.28 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
In support of a healthy campus to learn, live and work, Fanshawe College moved the majority of our Academic, Support and Administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID-19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be delivered remotely, however as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun welcoming our community back for on-campus activities.
Note: This is a full-time temporary position until March 31, 2024 (35 hours per week).
Duties: Under the supervision of the Finance ERP Project Lead the incumbent completes accounting processes required to reconcile the College’s payables sub-ledger, creates journal entries, transmits e-cheques bank files and processes bank payment files electronically to bank while maintaining internal controls over the College’s accounts payables.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree or equivalent in Accounting
- Equivalent education may be considered
- Minimum 3 years’ Accounting and payables experience gained as a team player in a service-oriented office environment using an enterprise software system and a variety of computer software packages such as spreadsheets and word processing commensurate with a medium to large-sized public sector organization
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills