This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 13, 2023
||High School Diploma
Phoenix Restoration is in need of a General Carpenter. As Canada’s premiere restoration contractor, Phoenix Restoration has been providing superior building restorations for over 25 years. We have contributed to the restoration efforts of a number of high-profile restoration projects such as Toronto Union Station, and UNESCO sites such as Casa Loma and Fort Frederick. Our focus is on providing seamless building restorations that are of the utmost quality. Our attention to detail and high-quality craftsmanship ensure Canada’s most historic buildings remain standing for decades to come.
Location: 1100 Burns St. E. Whitby ON, L1N 6M6; as well as client sites around Ontario.
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of Positions: 2
Salary: $31.00 to $33.00 per hour, based on Collective Agreement
- additional $2.95 per hour for Pension
- additional $2.60 per hour for Health and Welfare
Requirements (skills, education):
- Assembly and installation of wood doors, windows and frames;
- Alteration of frame building structures;
- Dutchman repair, replication historical wood components including windows, doors and flashings; and
- Fabrication moulds from existing pieces.
- At least 10 years of experience as a carpenter in historical restoration;
- An understanding of drawings and specifications;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- English written and spoken;
- Experience with glazing is an asset; and
- Certificate of Qualification in Carpentry (Red Seal) or Equivalent.