ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Tools Programmer (NOC 21232) to join our team!
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
Permanent and full time (40 hours per week).
LANGUAGE OF WORK
LOCATION OF WORK
250 York Street, Suite 100, London, Ontario N6A 6K2 Canada.
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code.
- Contribute to the tools our development team uses to create our games, both improving existing tools, and concepting and implementing new editor features to assist the designers and developers.
- Work closely with our creative, dedicated and diverse development team.
- Play a key role in designing and implementing a suite of development tools to support next-gen games.
- Create user-friendly applications in support of the development team.
- Aid in Developing and maintaining a cross-platform, next-generation game engine.
- Communicate with designers, artists and other engineers to ensure tools satisfy production needs.
- Identify and find solutions to pipeline issues.
- Maintain code quality and performance and extend systems to support changing design requirements over time.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent game development experience.
- 5+ years experience in programming and game development.
- Strong knowledge of C and C++.
- Experience developing for modern game systems.
- Good communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Strong knowledge of LUA.
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D math.
- Console programming experience.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- Familiarity with Perforce.
- Familiarity with profiling tools (i.e. VTune).
- Knowledge of game design patterns and systems.
- Experience in collaborating in team settings.
- Possesses the ability and drive to contribute and advance all aspects of a game.
The salary range for the Tools Programmer (NOC 21232) position is between CAD $96,300 - $115,000 per year, based on work experience and qualifications.
Digital Extremes provides a competitive benefits package, including the following:
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Extended healthcare.
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Prospective discretionary bonus based on company’s financial performance and individual performance.
- RRSP matching plan.
- Reasonable moving expenses.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://boards.greenhouse.io/digitalextremes/jobs/4085732007
LOCATION OF WORK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York Street, Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2 Canada