||Nov 30, 2021
Junior Accountant (FIN 40256)
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $27.93 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
In support of a healthy campus to learn, live and work, Fanshawe College moved the majority of our Academic, Support and Administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID-19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be delivered remotely, however as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun welcoming our community back for on-campus activities.
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Fanshawe College strongly believes the key to maintaining a healthy campus and community, and to protect each other, is to adhere to all public health guidelines, including vaccination.
As of November 5, 2021, Fanshawe College requires all students, staff, and visitors to all campuses to be fully vaccinated in order to attend the campus in-person.
For those individuals that medically cannot be vaccinated, please advise us when contacted for an interview and arrangements can be made to participate virtually.
Note: This is a full-time temporary position until September 22, 2022 (35 hours per week).
Duties: Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent completes accounting processes required to reconcile the College’s bank accounts; maintaining internal controls over the College’s accounts receivables, and in providing clerical support and assistance to the Corporate Insurance program.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in Financial or Accounting Studies
- Current enrolment in an introductory level of an accredited accounting program leading to a professional accounting designation
- Minimum 2 years’ accounting and bank reconciliation experience gained as a team player in a service-oriented office environment using a variety of computer software packages such as spreadsheets and word processing in an educational environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills