This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 24, 2022
||College Diploma (3 years)
Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are recruiting for a temporary, full-time (37.5 hours per week), Accounting Assistant in the Business Office. This position is expected to begin in January 2023 and end January 2024, and is available due to a leave of absence.
- Provide support and guidance to families for Autism Fee For Service Contracts. Ensure contract payment plans are adhered to.
- Prepare and provide financial and statistical reports to the Director, Finance and Autism, providing monthly updates
- Assist Business Accountant with month end and year end reporting
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts and associated sub ledger systems
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Monitor and track Fixed Asset and required maintenance
- Assist with ad hoc reporting of financial and statistical information to the Ministry
- Back up for Payroll
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position and location you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
- College Diploma in Business Accounting with 6 months experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MediSolutions/Virtuo (accounting software package), Crystal Reports, WorthIT, Gold Care
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet competing, tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with an aptitude for numbers and a high level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with families and other staff