Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, is the largest Veterinary Supplier in Ontario and is currently looking to add a dynamic individual within our IT department for the full time position of:
Information Technology (IT) Manager
Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Information Technology staff to ensure the appropriate development, operation, control, maintenance, and strategic alignment of all Information Technology Systems. The successful candidate will have excellent project management, communication, leadership skills, a strong attention to detail and a service first mentality.
- Provide recommendations to improve information systems and technology infrastructure to align with the corporate strategic plan
- Provide leadership to IT staff to ensure excellence in service delivery
- Develop and manage budgets for IT projects and operations
- Develop and maintain EDI infrastructure to support transactions with strategic partners and vendors
- Consult with senior level stakeholders across VP to identify technology needs and solutions that will support the company
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan and proper system backup procedures
- Create processes and standards for selection, development, implementation and support of IT systems and services
- Ensure change control procedures are followed
- Ensure cyber security framework is maintained to evaluate risk on IT related projects
- Ensure electronic systems comply with PIPEDA requirements
- Keep up-to-date with innovative technologies and trends in information technology
- Provide mentorship to direct reports and help plan goals, develop departmental skills, and conduct annual performance reviews
- Maintain adequate records pertaining to equipment warranties, maintenance and software agreements, license renewals and third-party contracts
- Other related duties as required or assigned
The successful Candidate should have…
- University degree in one of either Computer Science, Network Administration, or Software Development, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years in a management role with a focus on strategic project management
- Proven track record of developing and implementing IT solutions and plans
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with departments across the company
- Customer and client centric view to service delivery
- Knowledge of IBM AS400 environment
- Experience in EDI and e-Commerce
- ITIL or similar standards awareness and/or certification
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to adapt and adjust to shifting priorities and requirements
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of PIPEDA and best practices for the protection of personal and sensitive information
How to apply:
Please apply online at https://www.vpcl.on.ca/about-us/careers/
As a condition of employment, successful applicants must be able provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. As part of our selection process, successful applicants will also be required to complete a criminal background check.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity. In addition, Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, women, and members of visible minorities.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources email@example.com or call 519-284-1371 ext. 256 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.