||May 11, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Retail Services’ mission is to support the University community in developing a global perspective and establishing a stronger international presence with respect to teaching, scholarship, and research. We are dedicated to providing products, services and information for their academic, professional, social and cultural needs.
Reporting to the Course Materials Manager, the Course Book Coordinator is responsible for researching, analyzing, sourcing and purchasing course materials. The incumbent corresponds and works with faculty to determine required course materials, and negotiates with publishers in securing appropriate materials to meet their needs. The Course Book Coordinator will act as a resource for faculty members, and source alternative course material options, ensuring that the product ordering remains current and in-line with technological advances and consumer demand. The incumbent ensures that course materials are available to students in time for the academic term.
- 3 year Community College Diploma in Business Administration or Purchasing
- Undergraduate Degree in Business is preferred
- Purchasing Designation is preferred
- 5 years experience in a book industry setting or related field, interacting with publishers and/or vendors
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of publishers and suppliers in the book industry and with Canadian copyright statute
- Verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Demonstrated ability take initiative, to work independently and follow through on work assignments
- Ability to apply active listening to hear and understand the complete message being communicated
- Ability to handle challenging situations with diplomacy, calmness and good judgment
- Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve external and internal partner issues
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to demonstrate patience and focus to complete detailed administrative tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Office in order to prepare emails, correspondence, collate course materials, input departmental data in spreadsheets, other records systems
- Familiarity with software applications used by Western preferred – e.g. Mustang Market
- Familiarity with Western policies and guidelines preferred
- Ability to speak and read in French, Spanish and/or German is an asset
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #19593, by midnight on May 24, 2020.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.