As one of Southwestern Ontario’s largest construction teams, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes heavy civil construction, vertical forming, asphalt, and concrete and aggregate supply is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking an Accounting and Planning Analyst who is aspiring to reach their potential in the field of construction. Reporting to the Senior Controller, the Accounting and Planning Analyst is responsible for management accounting and strategic business analyses in support of corporate goals and objectives.
While supporting a construction environment you will be working in-person in an office. Your support may be required outside of normal work hours.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Support the preparation of managerial accounting reporting for the Senior Leadership Team to provide identification of key opportunities that drive operational decision making
- Assist with aspects of fiscal planning cycle inclusive of the development of budgets and the monitoring of forecasting models
- Prepare standard costing models in alignment with historical data and budgets
- Assess KPI requirements, lead the reporting of KPI’s, and interpret anomalies/trends to provide management recommendations based on findings
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes, operations, and data flow
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis to further analyze strategic investment decisions and present findings with impacts to the Senior Leadership Team
- Conduct reconciliations of sub ledger accounts and general ledger
- Support the development of the 3-year financial plan which includes people, operations, and capital planning
- Document workflow, procedures, checklists, and policies for assigned tasks
- Adhere to all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
How you WOW us
- A Degree or Diploma, preferably in business or a related field
- CPA/CMA designation required
- Experience in cost accounting and managerial accounting
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Experience with PowerBI and/or other data analysis tools
- 3 + years of experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Highly competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Referral Bonuses
- Company paid benefits
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential.
- Skill building, training opportunities, career support
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People and Culture Department.