This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 26, 2023
Professor – Law Programs (PSF 40940)
School of Public Safety
Faculty of Health, Community Studies and Public Safety
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date: Internal Close – June 2, 2023
External Close – June 16, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Law Programs in the School of Public Safety.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery desirable
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience, and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date: August 14, 2023
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $67,221 to $116,532 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 4-year degree
- University Law Program, Paralegal Program or Law Clerk Program graduate
- Bachelor of Education or Master’s of Education an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ recent, relevant practice experience as a lawyer or paralegal within the Province of Ontario
- P1 or L1 License in good standing with Law Society of Ontario is required