Job Posting – Director of Sales Location: Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Ontario Plants Propagation is North America's leading supplier of high-quality plants for hydroponic and organic greenhouse growers. We specialize in the propagation of greenhouse vegetable plants, particularly tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, and, more recently, berry plants. Ontario Plants Propagation is the largest of its kind in the North American market. Ontario Plants Propagation is on its way to doubling its production space and volume capacity with a new hyper-modern greenhouse facility currently under construction as the business looks to scale up and further strengthen its relationship with growers in North America. A sharper focus on biosecurity, sustainability, and customer service will be crucial to future success.
Director of Sales:
The Director of Sales is a senior-level management position responsible for leading the organization's sales department. The primary objective is to develop and execute sales strategies to achieve company growth targets and drive revenue. This role involves managing a team of professionals, building and maintaining relationships with key clients, and collaborating with other departments to ensure seamless sales operations. This role also involves working closely with various stakeholders to ensure proper capacity utilization of the greenhouse and production process, developing space plans, coordinating customer orders, and implementing strategies to improve space utilization and efficiency.
Job Description /Responsibilities:
Sales Strategy Development and Execution:
• Develop and execute effective sales strategies aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
• Conduct market research and analyze industry trends to identify new business opportunities.
• Set and deliver on sales targets, objectives, and key performance indicators (KPIs) with the sales team.
Team Management and Leadership:
• Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing team.
• Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback to team members.
• Deliver sales targets for individuals and the team and monitor their progress.
• Foster a positive and motivating work environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
Sales Operations and Execution:
• Develop and manage the sales budget, including forecasting and financial analysis.
• Maintain historical sales and pricing data. Support pricing discussions/decisions with the CEO/CFO.
• Monitor sales activities, analyze sales data, and generate reports for management.
• Ensure the effective use of sales tools, CRM systems, and other technology platforms to optimize sales processes.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as finance, and operations, to align sales activities with overall business strategies.
Key Client Relationship Management
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and strategic partners.
• Identify client needs and develop tailored solutions to meet their requirements.
• Participate in client meetings, site visits, negotiations, and contract discussions as needed.
Capacity Utilization and Analysis:
• Monitor the capacity of existing space, considering factors like layout, functionality, and workflow.
• Make use of capacity planning tools to determine and optimize the scheduling of orders.
• Assess the utilization of space, identify inefficiencies or underutilized areas and propose recommendations for improvement. • Utilize data analysis tools and techniques to collect capacity utilization data.
• Use this data to inform decision-making and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Performance Analysis and Continuous Improvement:
• Analyze sales and order performance metrics and identify areas for improvement.
• Implement best practices and strategies to enhance team performance.
• Stay updated with industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions to recommend adjustments to new business development strategies.
Qualifications / Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or college/vocational diploma in agriculture, horticulture, business, or a related field. Relevant experience in sales will be considered in place of educational requirements.
• Proven experience in a management role, preferably within the same industry or a related field.
• Strong track record of achieving or exceeding team targets and driving customer experience.
• Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate team members.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to develop effective capacity utilization and sales strategies.
• Proficiency in using sales tools, CRM systems, and other technology platforms.
• Analytical skills to interpret sales data and generate meaningful insights.
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills. • Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
Physical Location/Working Conditions:
• Greenhouse environment in a rural area, own transportation required.
• OPPL offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience. • This role is classified as an agriculture employee/farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA. http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
How to apply:
Submit your resume and salary expectations to:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: email@example.com / Subject title: Director of Sales
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd accommodates applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please get in touch with Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those meeting the requirements will be