Do you want a position that is poised for career progression? Have you ever wanted to work for a three-time winning Canada's top 50 best managed company?
We are looking for Industrial Cleaners ...sound exciting?? It is!
Join the Techo-Bloc Team; where adventure and team spirit await you.
We are innovators at heart and love to roll up our sleeves, jump right in and get things done! We live to create and we invest in great ideas. We collaborate and support one another at all levels. Leave your ego at the door, because at Techo-Bloc we are all equals!
What you’ll do as an Industrial Cleaner
- Industrial cleaning of equipment, using hand tools, and cleaning applications.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the machines and drums.
- Must be okay with heights and crawling in small tight spaces
- Takes personal responsibility for ensuring a safe work place.
- Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hearing protection, protective eyewear, full face mask and safety shoes.
- Establishes and maintains good housekeeping standards in all work areas.
- Attends all required training.
- Performs industrial cleaning on all equipment throughout the facility.
- Maintain clean equipment.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with self-directed work skills.
- 1-2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with working at heights.
- Forklift experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Why Join Techo-Bloc?
- Competitive base wage ($22/hour)
- $2.00/hour shift premium
- Overtime opportunities
- Referral Bonuses
- Career path opportunities
- Group insurance plan after 3 months of service
- Company matching RRSP
- Free access to a virtual family doctor through virtual care
- Employee discounts on Techo-Bloc’s products
- Free Parking
- Family atmosphere
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP available 24/7)
This is a physically demanding position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23kg). Manual dexterity, teamwork, hand-eye co-ordination and a combination of sitting, standing and walking required.
Techo-Bloc is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting new role in the manufacturing industry, we want to meet you, send your application now!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently be working outside in the elements.
The health and safety of our employees is important to us. To keep our staff safe, we've implemented safety guidelines in line with prevalent Ontario laws and regulations.
Techo-Bloc produces exceptional paving stones and retaining walls. Our facilities are operated by teams of the highest caliber with the latest technology to deliver superior products. Using the 5S and Kanban philosophies, we are dedicated to a manufacturing collaboration that supports running a “whole-minded” production system, and an excellent way to promote improvement. We ensure our products are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful. With soon to be 9 manufacturing facilities (and counting), 30 international patents and over 700 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. As we continue to expand, our team members are offered opportunities to professionally develop, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.