This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 15, 2023
Reporting to the Superintendent of Logistics, this part-time position requires the incumbent to carry out various duties within the logistics department.
Responsibilities include deep cleans of service vehicles, specialized decontamination of vehicles, restocking medical supplies, inspecting and testing medical equipment in compliance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards and other duties as assigned within the department. The incumbent will be involved with inputting data into the asset management information system. This position also requires extensive data collection and input into MLPS computer system using programs such as, Operative IQ software, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Job Status Description
The part-time Logistics Technician will be temporarily filling in a Temporary Flex Float full-time contract position. Temporary Flex Float contract employees will receive payment in lieu of benefits and shall receive vacation payment of four (4) percent of earnings on each bi-weekly pay. The employee will return back to part-time pool for scheduling when contract ends.
Submit your Cover Letter and Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we are very thankful for all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Title: Logistics Technician
||Job Status: Temporary Flex Float - Full-Time
|Job Opening ID: LOG-05-11-EX
||Job Type: Union
|Post Date: May 12, 2023
||Close Date: May 26, 2023
Knowledge and Skills
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma - Minimum
- General knowledge of medical equipment.
- General knowledge of vehicles.
- General knowledge of emergency service operations and computerized IMS.
- Must possess computer skills sufficient to input and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, MS Office software and hand held scanners.
- Must be capable of keeping neat, accurate records (both written and electronic).
- Knowledge of the geography of the City of London and the County of Middlesex.
Applicants interested in the position may submit an email of intent to email@example.com via email quoting the Job Opening ID in the subject line.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and MLPS’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the hiring process.
If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to MLPS to support your request for accommodation.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information Act, and will be held in confidence, and only be used for candidate selection. We are dedicated to equal opportunity employment.
Although we are very thankful for all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility: Documents are available in various accessible formats upon request. To make a request please email email@example.com.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to possess and maintain a valid and restriction-free driver’s Class “G” license to carry out the duties of the job, and provide a drivers abstract if requested.
- WHMIS certification.
- Experience with handling bio-hazardous materials would be considered an asset.
- Required to submit, meet and maintain MLPS immunization criteria.
- This position requires shift work including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- The incumbent is required to provide suitable availably based on MLPS requirements.