Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 14
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western’s Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry is a leading Canadian centre of outstanding education and research shaping health and dental care for the next generation. The Schulich Dentistry team strives to obtain international recognition through excellence in dental education, research and patient care. To foster that vision, Schulich Dentistry develops the knowledge and skills in dental professionals to provide exemplary care to the diverse communities that we serve and to influence the future of undergraduate and postgraduate dental education through scholarly inquiry, innovation and research.
The Program Manager will oversee and manage the administrative, human resources, financial and logistical functions of Continuing Dental Education (CDE) and Postgraduate Dental Education (PDE) programs within the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry. The role will assist with the alignment of resources to best support the achievement of program objectives and facilitate budget development and monitoring and program marketing. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with the Academic Leads to develop the strategic direction for the programs, plan annual program offerings and identify business development opportunities to support the growth of programming, revenue and impact. The role will contribute to the design of the annual program offerings while ensuring the successful implementation of all aspects of the programs. The Program Manager will provide expertise regarding program design, admissions, student academic issues and other related policies and procedures and assists with the development of communications and marketing materials to enhance the reputation and awareness of the programs.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Education, Health or other related field
- 5 years’ experience managing administrative functions in a complex office environment
- Experience managing and overseeing staff and projects, experience with business development and event management/marketing
- Knowledge of dental terminology would be an asset
- Previous work experience in an academic environment developing, implementing and interpreting academic policies and procedures is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures, and of best practices for assessing, developing and implementing new business processes and procedures
- Leadership skills with the ability to develop shared vision to lead employees to excellence
- Customer service skills to understand customer needs and expectations, with a desire to deliver helpful and reliable service to the dental community
- Ability to ensure expenditures and resources are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
- Ability to plan and manage events of various sizes; familiarity with large scale events an asset
- A continuing quality improvement approach to evaluation and program development
- Ability to understand, interpret, and effectively communicate University and external guidelines, policies and practices to key stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate issues, recognize potential problems and take action to proactively resolve issues
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to provide guidance, support and feedback in a way that is positively received
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #33162 by midnight on December 8th 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.