Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 15
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) is a large, diverse, and comprehensive unit, comprised of six Schools (Nursing, Kinesiology, Health Studies, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Communication Sciences and Disorders), a large Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and four Research Centres. The Faculty has more than 3,200 undergraduate students and more than 800 graduate students (200 PhD students).
The Manager is responsible for the operations and management of the Health Sciences Technology department and services, ensuring that the technology related needs of the Faculty of Health Sciences its Schools and research centres are supported. The Manager will oversee the deployment of technology services including desktop computing, desktop configuration, printing, troubleshooting, anti-virus as well as web server management. The Manager will work closely with Western Technology Services (WTS) to ensure that the Faculty operates within the guidelines they set for the university and capitalizes on their services, avoiding duplication of effort, while enhancing their services for our client base. The Manager will also lead projects that require technology deployments including classroom systems, laboratory systems and other related software that supports programs across the Faculty.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent College Diploma
- Honours BSc in Computer Science is preferred
- Working towards Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation would be an asset
- 5 years of server, computer and Network experience
- Previous experience leading teams and implementing new projects
- Experience working in an academic environment is preferred
- Experience working with Group Policy and Active Directory would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows Server including Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Networking Basics, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Advanced computer skills with Windows and software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Access, Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing), lead business discussions and train others
- Communication skills to describe technical concepts effectively to both novice and sophisticated users
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of technological developments
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis and decision-making
- Ability to recognize and appreciate the contributions of team members
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage activities both for self and others effectively
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management
- Proven ability to take initiative and champion a project from conception through implementation and evaluation
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce current record check(s) (e.g. vulnerable sector, criminal record and police information) from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #33147 by midnight on November 29th 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.