This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 06, 2021
||College Diploma (2 years)
To learn more about working at United Way, check out our website http://unitedwayem.ca/about-us/careers/
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Assistant will provide administrative support for all Campaign and Cabinet activities.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Manage a comprehensive donor-centric recognition process, ensuring that activities are logged into database; complete mail merges
- Coordinate Campaign Cabinet and Development Team meetings (using virtual platforms), agendas, calendar invitations, minutes, meeting materials, logistics, technology etc.
- Provide calendar management to the Director, Development
- Prepare documents to support development functions, e.g., letters, registration materials, nametags, reports, training materials
- Collate stewardship packages, which will include extracting and collating data for use in briefing notes and reports
- Work with the Database Administrator to ensure that donor records are up to date and accurate
- Provide professional customer service to a wide-variety of stakeholders
- Coordinate orientation schedule for new department team members
- Maintain inventory of Campaign materials
- Assist with reception duties as needed
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume by 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 19, to Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer:
- Post-secondary credentials in office administration or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience required; experience a fundraising environment or the non-profit sector, and working with volunteers an asset
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills; ability to communicate professionally with all stakeholders while maintaining discretion and tact
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office; experience working with CRM databases, Adobe Acrobat and complex mail merges
- Advance skills managing virtual meetings and events, working with Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other video conferencing technology
- Exceptional organization, time and project-management abilities; works well in a busy environment; adapts easily to change while maintaining high-quality work
- Must be able to flex work schedule to attend meetings and special events, which at times occur before or after regular office hours
- Requires possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000 insurance coverage
United Way Elgin Middlesex
409 King St, London, ON N6B 1S5
If selected, interviews will be flexible and make the most use of virtual options available.
United Way Elgin Middlesex is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.