This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Marys, ON
||Mar 29, 2021
||College Diploma (2 years)
Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, is the largest Veterinary Supplier in Ontario and is currently looking to add a dynamic individual within our accounting department for a permanent full-time position of:
Accounts Receivable Clerk
This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will perform various accounting and administrative tasks to ensure efficient, timely and accurate entry of financial transactions related to accounts receivable. Learning, testing and documenting the new AR processes as the company transitions to a new fully integrated ERP system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Health & Safety
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, posting and deposits to accounts receivable.
- Process incoming payments including cash, cheques, credit card transactions, direct deposits and e-transfers.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure all payments are accounted for and posted correctly.
- Identify discrepancies and resolve customer invoicing and payment issues
- Collection of outstanding accounts by facilitating payment of past due invoices by initiating and following up payment inquires by phone and email while maintaining positive customer relations.
- Communicate with customers and respond to inquiries and resolve discrepancies.
- Answer account inquiries and work with customers/shareholders to accurately onboard and offboard them as requested.
- Maintain accurate shareholder information in the company’s master files.
- Carry out various accounting and administrative duties including AR reconciliations, rebates and discount calculations, reporting and filing.
- Create specialized reports and post journal entries for required transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Good manufacturing practices:
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Conducts self with regard for safety of employees; is aware of safety and evacuation procedures
- Report any health & safety violations or hazards to your Supervisor
Skills and knowledge required:
- Follow and understand all relevant Standard Operating Procedures with respect to Good Manufacturing Practices
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
Why Choose VP:
- 2+ years’ experience as an accounts receivable clerk or equivalent.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in accounting an asset/desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills with good accounting knowledge on AR processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and/or with team
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven negotiating / conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply:
Please apply online with your cover letter and resume at: https://www.vpcl.on.ca/about-us/careers/
Application Deadline: Friday April 9th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. In addition, Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, women, and members of visible minorities.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources email@example.com or call 519-284-1371 ext. 256 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
- 100% Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP Top-up Program
- Pension Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Proud to support the Local St. Marys Community