This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 15, 2022
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy
Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring an Employment Advisor
Location: London, ON
Reporting to the Director of Employment, the Employment Advisor works with our clients in group, classroom and individual settings to assist them in identifying barriers, developing strategies, gaining life and job search skills, and enhancing employability. The Advisor serves as case manager, advocate and workshop facilitator, and is also responsible for maintaining updated and accurate client notes
Is this you? Then you should definitely apply!
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in a social service field or significant industry experience offering similar skill sets
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated success
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience facilitating large and small groups
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to manage tasks and outreach independently
- Good understanding of job search strategies, London labour market information, resume creation and networking
This is what you will do.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment, and establish rapport with clients facing multiple employment barriers
PEHC is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- Facilitate a variety of employee enhancement and job search workshops in both group and individual settings
- Work individually with clients to assess, identify barriers and opportunities, and assist them in creating a realistic action plan
- Manage client cases through their interaction with the agency, conducting follow up and inputting case notes
- Advocate for clients with respect to Ontario Works, bring clear understanding of legislation to client situations
- Work effectively with all organization departments, providing support and coverage as necessary
- Assist clients in the creation of resumes and cover letters
- Conduct mock interviews with clients as part of interview preparation
- Do follow up calls and letters to maintain client contact and update client notes
- Provide information of appropriate resources to clients as needed
PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Note employment advisor in the subject line. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than Friday, September 2, 2022.