3M is seeking a Shopper Marketer to join the Shopper Marketing Team part of our Consumer Business Group, focusing on such product lines as Post-It®, Scotch®, Command™, and Filtrete™. This role is remote with the potential for hybrid work in one of the offices in Ontario if desired, and pending COVID protocols.
The successful candidate will develop and activate shopper-focused integrated and strategic in-store and online experiences as a driver of both sales and brand equity. Vital to the success of this role is ensuring every program is aligned to internal sales objectives, and our customer’s growth strategies while driving differentiation and brand appeal. Experience in program development across the path to purchase that is built on a solid foundation of data and insights is ideal. Clear understanding of how to build and deliver integrated digital marketing programs, and strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, project planning and leadership skills are essential.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develops plan and executes shopper marketing strategy that is aligned to the category, brand and retailer strategy.
• Defines programs, tactics and coordinates the execution across cross-functional teams for displays, promotions, and pricing within established corridors and brand requirements.
• Recommends account-specific programs or promotions, and proposes adjustments to the mix, including eChannel, based on changes in metrics and trends.
• Partners with Category Analysts and Sales teams to develop optimal planogram product mix, shelf layouts and/or online mix and catalogue layouts based on consumer and shopper insights, category performance and marketing strategy.
• Builds long-term relationships with accounts’ marketing departments to influence program adoption. Collaborates with accounts in developing and executing marketing programs.
• Conducts store visits regularly to facilitate solid understanding of competitive activity, effectiveness of off-shelf placements and in-store execution opportunities.
• Manages shopper marketing budget and prioritize programs based on ROI.
• KPI: Account Revenue ($), Account Growth (%), Account POS Performance ($, %), Shopper Marketing ROI.
To set you up for success in this role from Day 1, 3M requires (at minimum) the following qualifications
• Bachelor level degree
• Three (3) years’ experience in sales, marketing or category management
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
• Marketing or Business Degree is preferred
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a shopper or consumer marketing role
• Advanced analytical experience, including work in market trends, gap analysis, opportunity benchmarking, planogram development, space-to-performance projects and P/L analysis
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with one or more related disciplines, such as customer/consumer/shopper insights, channel/product marketing, shopper marketing, business/market development, branding, business analysis, etc
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills with demonstrated experiences in leading cross-functional teams, managing differing interests and perspectives
• Advanced analytical skills
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 5% of the time, which may (but not typically) involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: not offered
What We Offer:
Apply here: Shopper Marketer
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.