The Tillsonburg and District Multi-Service Center (MSC) is seeking an Employment Services Manager who will be responsible for the management and operations of all MSC employment service programs. The Employment Services Program Manager will report to the Director of Employment and will ensure service excellence in the delivery of employment services and related programs. This position will be fully responsible for all aspects and management of day-to-day program delivery. The Employment Services Program Manager will be responsible for supervision of staff, monitoring budgets and expenses, management, training and development, program development, delivery, implementation and evaluation.
Your experience in a management or supervisory role in an organization that is focused on employment and community services will provide you with a solid foundation for this position. This role requires strong communication skills and demonstrated experience managing people.
Program Management Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for the effective development, delivery and evaluation of the Employment Services provided by the MSC. Your responsibilities will include:
Key Competencies for the Position
- Plan and coordinate Employment Services to align with MSC’s strategic plan
- Manage and oversee Employment Services program operations and administration, with 13+ staff
- Manage partner relationships with utmost professionalism and efficiency.
- Expand partnership opportunities by connecting to government, educational institutions, community organizations and groups and private sector from various industries.
- Identify new program development opportunities and assist in development of funding proposals.
- Bring greater visibility to ES programs by effective use of social media platforms, tools, and channels, by working closely with MSC marketing staff and external communication networks.
- Recruit participants to various programs and ensure program targets are met.
- Manage online portals to respond to functions for program registration, reporting and financial requirements.
- Administer and maintain records and files for the programs.
- Develop business processes and policies using up to date tools and applications.
- Manage data collection and analysis of the programs and advise program adjustments when required.
- Assess and analyze MSC demographics for tailored programming and customized support
- Ensure compliance with program policies and regulations.
- Plan and schedule program events.
- Monitor program budgets for greater efficiency and accountability; Develop and manage specific project budgets ensuring that all financial transactions are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in the preparation of reports for both internal and external submissions to funders and partner agencies.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with stakeholders in order to ensure that deliverables meet requirements while proactively resolving issues relating to projects.
- Coordinate outcome measurements and routine reporting; Supervise preparation of reporting requirements for program & contract metrics, measurements, and deliverables for new programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of communication and marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans, service plans, and prepare reports for the Director of ES as required.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned or position evolves
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- Situational Judgement: Ability to draw on experience, knowledge and expertise to make the best decision in a critical or urgent situation
- Strategic Thinking: Link long range visions and concepts to daily work
- Impact & Influence: Ability to influence, persuade or convince others to adopt a specific course of action
- Team Leadership: Ability and desire to build teams, motivate people and create opportunities for success; Willing to pitch in anywhere and to do anything required to successfully achieve objectives
- Political Acuity: Ability to appreciate, understand and utilize the power of relationships, formal and informal, within the organization
- Excellent written, technical and verbal correspondence skills
- Commitment to continuous learning: Dedication to continuously expand knowledge and understanding for improved performance
- Accountable, dependable, self-motivated with strong ethics and integrity
- Collaborative team player with a strong spirit for volunteerism, community awareness and customer service
- Adaptable, creative, innovative thinker and life-long learner
- Respects and values the diversity of individuals and communities
In an effort to support the health and safety of our staff, clients and customers, applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all valid, required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada. Tillsonburg Multi-Service Centre will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons, or any other ground protected by the Canadian Human Rights Code.
Tillsonburg & District Multi-Service Centre
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a management or supervisory capacity
- Understanding of Workforce Development and Ontario’s Employment Services Sector
- Demonstrated results leading organizational change
- Collaborative, data-driven outcome focused leadership approach
- Clear passion for poverty alleviation; commitment to personal and systemic change
- Strong budgeting skill; Have demonstrable experience of reporting to funders and managing funds.
- Proven experience working with unemployed, underemployed, homeless, and marginally housed individuals; knowledge of the challenges facing individuals with significant barriers to entering the labour market.
- Knowledge of the local vulnerable population service organizations, associations and networks
- Demonstrable success in building and managing partnerships with various sectors and industries in related field for community development.
- Relationship builder: Our partners are critical to our success, so we’re looking for someone who can build and maintain strong relationships with them so that they will continue to advocate for and support the MSC.
- Advanced skills working with computers needed, with knowledge of CaMS preferred.
The Multi-Service Centre (MSC) is an accredited, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to promoting high quality accessible community services in Oxford, Elgin, and Norfolk Counties.
MSC supports individual wellness by supporting seniors and people with disabilities, enabling them to maintain independence in their home through in-home care and caregiver support. The MSC home support team provides 24-hour support, on-call availability, and remote monitoring to help ensure safe and accessible care.
MSC promotes economic wellness by helping people develop new skills and the knowledge to help find and maintain employment. The team includes employment consultants who help people find and obtain work, job developers who work to help businesses create and fund jobs, and educators and trainers who build and strengthen the skills that lead to employment.
MSC promotes community wellness by helping connect people to the services they need. As a founding partner of The Livingston Centre, MSC nurtures innovative collaborative partnerships that increase the availability, accessibility, and effectiveness of community services.
For more information, please visit www.multiservicecentre.com
Building a Community of inclusiveness, innovation and independence together
The Multi-Service Centre is a charitable organization providing excellence in employment, literacy and home support services to Oxford, Norfolk and Elgin communities through partnerships and innovation that allow others to embrace their personal independence.
Compensation, Benefits and Other Job Specifics
- MSC offers a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits
- The Manager position is responsible for approximately 12 direct reports
- Some travel within the local area is required
- A Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required
- This role may be temporarily remote due to COVID-19 restrictions
If you believe that you have the skills, experience, and desire to serve the Oxford, Elgin and Norfolk community in this capacity we want to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and resume in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
MSC is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and potential employees, and a discrimination and harassment free workplace. MSC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.