Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Manager, Finance
Employee Group: OPSEU
Salary Range: $56,823 – $71,030
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, and under the general direction of the Director, Finance, the Coordinator, Student Accounts will be the first point of contact for student accounts inquiries and will maintain accurate records for this area. Working closely with the Student Services team, the incumbent will maintain accurate, up-to-date records of personal and financial information related to student accounts including billing and ensuring timely collection of student and other receivables. This position will be cross-trained and provide support and back-up to the Coordinator, Accounting.
Working within a student-centered environment, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for students, faculty and staff, and suppliers for all matters related to these accounts. Drawing on a strong customer service background, the incumbent will display exceptional tact, diplomacy and discretion in all interactions. This incumbent must be bondable and exercise confidentiality regarding specific files and information.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting / Finance or Bookkeeping;
- Five (5) years related work experience in a computerized accounting environment, preferably in a post-secondary or educational setting;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, laws and legislation as they apply to non-profits, for profits and registered charities;
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite products;
- Additional experience with Netsuite and PeopleSoft would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to represent Huron in a professional manner;
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy related to data entry;
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities;
- An open, inviting and approachable personality that allows the opportunity to build meaningful, trusting relationships;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding;
- Experience in collections would be considered an asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by February 16, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST. Please apply with a current resume via Huron’s ADP portal.
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified individuals, especially those from racialized persons, persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. For a confidential inquiry or to request accommodation support, please contact Huron HR by phone (519-438-7224) or email (email@example.com) at any time during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.