||Aug 17, 2022
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Producer to join our team! As a Producer you will own various aspects of production and development of GaaS PC and Console titles. You are a strong communicator who collaborates with internal teams and external publishers, proactively identifying and solving problems in a timely manner. You are a champion of multiple initiatives, promotions, and processes, and play a key role driving development of quality deliverables.
- Collaborates with Sr. Leadership to determine project timelines and budgetary requirements
- Facilitates high-level discussions with external publishers to determine project timelines and budget
- Organizes the preparation of design documentation, detailed milestone schedule and other marketing-type matters that may be required for pitches
- Collaborates with Game Designer, Art Director and Leads to prepare a detailed Project Plan and Schedule including staffing for the course of development of new projects
- Builds highly effective relationships with internal and external organizations (Marketing, external development partners, etc.)
- Coordinates resources throughout the organization to ensure that schedules and deliverables meet defined objectives and quality standards
- Meets project milestones on time through meticulous organization and inspirational leadership
- Fully responsible for driving the success of the game by maintaining and disseminating the vision and core objectives
- Effectively and efficiently communicates information and proactively responds to questions from management development partners, and internal or external groups
- Develops, implements and manages production-conscious creation and approval processes for the team to follow
- Meets regularly with Leads and team members to review status of the project and proactively follow-up on outstanding issues
- Updates project plan on a regular basis
- Proactively identifies risks/roadblocks/bottlenecks associated with meeting project milestones; works to ensure necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project objectives
- Works with Leads and HR to determine staffing needs for the project
- Builds a respectfully objective, motivational, and encouraging atmosphere for highly creative and technical people
- Directly manages team - day-to-day management and motivation of team members together with Leads
- Guides the project Leads to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget
- Regularly schedules meetings with appropriate team members to ensure project plan is on track and to anticipate any potential milestone issues
- Mentors Assistant and Associate Producers
- Respectfully manages unsatisfactory employee situations in a professional manner
- 5+ years of experience with internal (developer side) game development on AAA products
- Shipped at least one title in a Production capacity, preferably a AAA game
- Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources
- Experience with scheduling tools and understanding of various production processes and methodologies
- Experience managing conflict and mitigating/resolving risks
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with all development disciplines
- Proven and established negotiation skills
- Resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Confident public speaker - able to handle press interviews, team review meetings, etc.
- Ability to inspire and motivate those who work for them and those they work around
- Effective problem solving and time management skills
- Strong industry understanding and knowledge
- Experience working on GaaS development, especially PC, Console, and mobile Free to Play
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/159