Job Title Administrative Assistant III Reference 29092
Faculty/Unit VP University Advancement
Department Alumni Relations
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Employee Group UWO Staff Association
Appointment Type Continuing
Appointment Status Regular Full-TimeClassification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: Level M
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of
academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities
for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has
become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the
development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The University Advancement division plays a leading role in strengthening awareness of and support for the
University’s mission and goals by leading alumni relations and fundraising efforts across campus and beyond.
All departments within the Division build enduring alumni and public trust through understanding and support
for Western University in a coordinated campus-wide effort that results in the engagement and funding needed
to make an impact. There are 3 departments within the Division – Departments of Development, Alumni
Relations and Advancement Operations
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical assistance, as well as data support and
analysis for special event activities within Alumni Relations. The role assists with institutional engagement
strategies and initiatives, such as Presidential events, donor events, travel program, award recognition, and
special convocation functions. The role will greet and assist customers (visitors, students, faculty, staff,
volunteers, and donors) in face to face interactions, by telephone, or by digital communications, serving as the
first point of contact for the Department of Alumni Relations as well as at any in person events.
- 2 year Community College Diploma in Office Administration
- 3 year Community College Diploma in Business or University Degree is preferred
- 3 years’ administrative and customer service experience, providing support to a number of people
- Experience in an alumni relations environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to coordinate multiple tasks independently while maintaining
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure all details are handled while dealing with multiple interruptions and last
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to assist, coordinate, and execute event-specific tasks and
responsibilities within a team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively in a team environment with academic and administrative
staff, alumni, students and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence dealing with all levels of an
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, and peers
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and ability to prioritize work
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office and database management required
- Expertise with web page development and maintenance, InDesign, Photoshop, Luminate and Adobe
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #29092 by 11:59PM on January 27, 2023.
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first
consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity
and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible
minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any
gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you
require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at
email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.