||Oct 18, 2022
JOIN US AND HELP BUILD THE WORLD’S INFRASTRUCTURE
Timberland Equipment Limited is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we have been a fully operational 80,000 square foot facility with engineering, sales and manufacturing departments all under one roof since 1947. We design it in-house, we build it in-house. Employing over 100 employees, our skilled trades, engineering expertise, professionalism, project management experience and in-house capabilities make us the preferred choice for global engineered material handling solutions for the underground and surface mining, heavy construction, electrical power transmission and distribution, marine and offshore oil & gas sectors.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM AS THE NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE ENGINEER...
- Designed and built hoists for the world’s second heaviest on-shore lifter at 13,000 tons
- High speed winches and control system for a 2,000 foot artificial surfing pool
- Hoists for aqueduct construction which will supply 50% of the drinking water to New York City
- Gate hoists on the largest infrastructure project in Canada
The Senior Design Engineer evaluates customers’ specifications, conceptualizes the designs and guide Designers throughout the project. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
You will be responsible for the engineering design from project start to completion. This will include:
- Gain experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom capital equipment; we successfully compete with the large, multi-national corporations
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Gain an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
- Join a multi-disciplinary team of skilled mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic designers
- In addition to statutory holidays and vacation, receive 5 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Participate in the benefits program
- You do real hard core engineering every day – no design is ever the same
- You see the products you design being manufactured and tested in the building
- You get opportunity to go to job sites all over the world to work on really cool projects
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Prepare kit of information for Designers to complete layout and production drawings in an efficient and accurate manner (includes mechanical, hydraulic and electrical designers)
- Provide preliminary engineering calculations, specifications, sketches and layouts as required by sales to estimate a machine to meet customer inquiries
- Review engineering drawings, analyze design and retrieve information to complete drawing, layout or design
- Ensure all drawings are checked for design and dimensional correctness prior to release for production
- Aid in the resolution of external customer problems of a technical nature
- Respond to factory questions/problems from factory personnel as they are encountered during fabrication and assembly of machines
- Participate in testing and commissioning of new equipment
READY TO DESIGN SOME COOL STUFF?
Send your resume, stating position above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering
- Previous design engineering experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team with a positive and encouraging approach
- Share your knowledge while being humble to learning new things
- Technical knowledge in mechanical systems/machine building
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%, to support equipment at customers’ sites during commissioning, etc.