ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you an AI Programmer that wants a leadership role that lets you dive deep into code? Do you find satisfaction in solving intriguing problems and devising creative solutions? Then, our Lead AI Programmer role might be for you!
The Lead AI Programmer is responsible for evaluating design requirements, assigning tasks and managing their team to effectively support the designers and develop the AI and NPC systems for the project. They mentor and guide others and assist all members of the team to help deliver the best game experience possible. Additionally the Lead AI Programmer is responsible for maintaining a diverse, respectful, encouraging and rewarding work environment for their team to allow them to learn and grow and develop world class games.
- Architect and implement AI systems such as navigation, decision making, knowledge and dialog to support cutting edge gameplay
- Work closely with the Design and Animation teams to bring ideas and new gameplay features into the game.
- Evaluate and iterate on implementation of AI systems and NPCs.
- Maintain code quality and performance and extend systems to support changing design requirements over time.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Take ownership and responsibility over a number of AI systems.
- Implement innovative AI solutions to assist all aspects of the game.
- Facilitate and encourage open team communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Game Development or equivalent experience required
- Game AI development experience, with multiple shipped products
- Strong C or C++
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Experience leading a team an asset
- Console programming experience
- Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Assembly language and low-level systems
- Familiarity with Perforce
- Familiarity with profiling tools (i.e. VTune)
- Experience with Perl
- Strong knowledge of AI systems
- Familiarity with multiple facets of game engine systems
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 75 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. The studio's most recently announced project is the much anticipated Soulframe®, an open-world action-fantasy MMORPG title that is currently under development.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last ten years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://grnh.se/aeb023137us