||Jan 13, 2022
Fanshawe Student Union
Fanshawe Student Union is proud of their student footprint at the main campus of Fanshawe College located in London Ontario. The Fanshawe Student Union is a student representative body, comprised of a dedicated collaborative team which is committed to meet the various needs and expectations of students attending Fanshawe College while enhancing the overall student experience.
Serving the greater London region, Fanshawe College is one of Ontario’s largest colleges with an international focus consisting of four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas, and Woodstock. This well-recognized educational institution serves close to half a million people with a promise to educate, engage, empower, and excite as well as providing flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities for their students.
Working in partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., Fanshawe Student Union is excited to be recruiting for a creative, courageous, student focused General Manager who will take a strategic and proactive approach to leading the organization forward. As a highly collaborative, energizing, effective, and trusted relationship builder, this visionary leader will be responsible for ensuring the consistent achievement of the Fanshawe Student Union (FSU) mission and organizational objectives. The General Manager will be an effective change agent, mentor and advocate for students.
In developing a yearly vision and strategic plan, the General Manager will work with the Board of Directors, to help guide the organization and advance the student experience. In addition, the General Manager will be responsible to operationalize the vision and strategic plan, while leading a high performing and committed team to take FSU to the next level.
Reporting to Student Administrative Council (S.A.C.), the General Manager will:
As the strategic visionary leader of Fanshawe Student Union, you will require:
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans/budgets with the Executive team, Board of Directors, and staff.
- In conjunction with the FSU President, the General Manager will advocate and promote student involvement and development within the College community.
- Liaise and collaboratively work with the senior leaders, staff, and students of Fanshawe College.
- Leverage and embrace the multicultural strength and diversity of the student body.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's people (clients, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local regulators.
- Drive innovation through research, and pursuit of diverse funding sources.
- Utilize a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
Your effective communication skills will allow you to continue to develop relationships with Fanshawe College and the surrounding community. As a mentor, you will ensure that the voices of the students are heard while endeavouring to bring out the best qualities of your team members allowing their continual development and strengths to shine.
How to Apply
On behalf of Fanshawe Student Union, Prime Management Group Inc. will be accepting all resumes and cover letters in confidence from interested candidates. Please note, proof of COVID vaccination will be required.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please apply here.
Requests for additional information on the role, and/or confidential suggestions or nominations, may also be submitted to Kimberley Chesney at 519-672-7710, email@example.com or Colleen Young at 519-672-7710, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration or equivalent/related discipline.
- Professional business or accounting certification an asset.
- Demonstrated background in student life/student development would be an asset.
- Minimum 8 years business management and leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience, knowledge or exposure to a not-for-profit governance model or student association/union is a strong preference.
- Strong track record of fiscal management and responsibility, creating and managing budgets, business finance, capital funding, contracts, and partnerships.
- Effective leadership skills, with a focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals and/or students.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Advanced understanding and skills in use of financial information systems and other computer applications, including MS Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.