This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 12, 2023
Part-time Broadcast Operations Assistant (COM 41123)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week.
Pay Details: $20.61 per hour
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a part-time Support temporary position (up to 24 hours per week) starting October 9, 2023 and ending March 29, 2024.
Duties: Under general supervision of the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media, and with guidance from the Coordinator(s) in the Broadcast Centre and the Operations Manager, the incumbent provides support for broadcast operations for CIXX-FM (106.9 The X) operated by the radio and journalism programs in the Broadcast Centre, in the School of Contemporary Media. The incumbent is responsible for front-line customer service and for clerical support, including financial administration related to the advertising sales and traffic.
- Answers telephone inquiries and deals with a variety of callers and walk-in clientele. When necessary, refers inquires and complaints to School staff. Establishes the nature of the inquiry to ensure that student/staff/faculty are directed to the appropriate party or service and corresponds with program applicants and registered students.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including filing, mail-outs, distributes messages, completes typing assignments, maintains office supplies and bulletin boards, schedules meetings and appointments, and maintains databases
- Works with advertising and programming support staff and students to ensure compliance with advertising sales contracts
- Responsible for monthly and annual reconciliation of advertising commitments with on-air logs
- Responsible for invoicing and collecting payment from advertisers, both internal and external.
- Compiles data and statistics required for departmental reports
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for day-to-day operations in the Broadcast Centre
- Provides data to staff, Coordinators and the Associate Dean allowing them to determine best course of action
- Responds to needs of faculty, staff, students and clients by coordinating administrative details of projects
- Assists in the coordination of marketing/sales/promotions of broadcast properties
- Provides support and assistance to students in the Broadcast Centre
- Demonstrates routine aspects of operation that are non-academic such as how to answer the business phone, how to complete a sales form
- Provides broadcast industry software assistance to students using radio-specific software learned in program curriculum
- Monitors students who are in placements within the Broadcast Centre
- Organizes and participates in department events and projects, such as annual award ceremonies, election coverage, etc.
- Assists in the design and creation of station related printed material
- Responsible for cash float, safe, and lockup area
- Handles sensitive and security conscious matters such as student information and access to the Broadcast Centre
- Works closely with other College departments, including facilities, security, marketing, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME (quoting Competition No. COM 41123) VIA EMAIL TO:
Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Minimum 2-year diploma in Office or Business Administration or equivalent combination of customer service and accounting education and experience with additional accounting courses preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience gained as a front-line person in a customer service or administrative assistant role in an office environment, using a wide variety of software packages such as Word, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience working with sales and traffic systems in a broadcast radio or other media environment an asset
- Experience working with post-secondary students an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills