The Finance and administration director elevates the organizational operations through providing a solid financial foundation based upon industry best practices, delivering clarity to the financial wellness of the organization, and providing financial business advice.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LMA (Lead, Manage, Accountability)
- Directs, administers, and coordinates business unit activities in alignment with the vision, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies for the finance and administration department; Ensure employee compliance with affiliated legislation(s)
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for business units;
- Accounts Payable (eg. Cheques, transfers, and wires) & Accounts Receivable (eg. Invoicing)
- Financial & investment strategies including financial projections
- Preparing and monitoring annual departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Manage financial accounts; Authorize purchases and accounts within assigned limits.
- Adjust protocols or policies to maximize profitability
- Oversee payroll & benefits administration
- Overseeing payroll processing & reconciliation; including timesheet management
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Managing the corporate financial reporting process, including preparation of consolidated financial statements and quarterly reports to the board and other stakeholders
- Manage all data collected by the finance and accounting departments
- Prepare annual financial statements for audit by external auditors and supervise the audit process. Prepare periodic cash flow forecasts.
- Ability to establish sound assumptions using proper benchmarking and business logic.
- Compare and analyze actual results with budgeted forecasts, monitor variances, identify trends and initiating corrective actions
- Information Management/Information Technology (Systems uptime - Internal IT)
- Facilities and insurance
- Identifies and recommends continuous improvement initiatives and risk mitigation strategies to achieve administrative efficiencies and support quality performance
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality measures are implemented and followed
- Determine risk by analyzing financial markets and the global environment to predict changes or trends
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field with continued education in the field of Finance or Accounting. (An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Five or more years of directly related experience in a finance/accounting role
- Financial reporting/project accounting/payroll experience preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office, with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Proven track record of providing successful individual and team coaching and mentorship with supervisory and/or management training or experience
- Related experience automotive industry would be beneficial
- Prolonged use of computer screens and keyboarding
- Accurate, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Flexibility, Judgement, Organized, Team player, Values and ethics
Area of Specialization
- Project management, Accounting and financial services
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel, MS Office, MS Word
Job Type: Full-Time