This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 29, 2023
||College Diploma (3 years)
ERP Functional Lead (ERP 41081)
ERP Project Finance
Employment Group: Admin
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary Range: $78,295 – $97,869
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time temporary Administrative position (37.5 hours per week) until October 31, 2024.
Duties: The Functional Lead contributes to a multi-year project to implement a new Finance system for Fanshawe College. This project is part of the larger, strategic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project in which digital solutions for HR, Finance and Student systems will enable the College’s future directions. The project contributes to the College’s digital and data strategies.
The project vision is to deliver a flexible Finance Technology solution that enables an integrated, and user-friendly experience while enhancing Finance processes delivery through innovation, self-service and reliable data.
The Functional Lead is part of the Finance ERP Implementation Team consisting of people from the College and the technology vendor including Functional Analysts and Functional Leads, the Finance Project Manager, IT Leads and Analysts, ERP Project Manager and the Vendor System Implementer within the Governance structure of the ERP.
Reporting to the Finance Project Manager, the Functional Lead has deep experience in their functional area and leads activities including consultations with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and technical experts to make decisions about system configuration, security, workflows, data management and analytics, reporting and system integrations. The incumbent participates in creating policy and risk protocols for the overall Finance operations enabled by the new technology and in activities related to user adoption.
The Functional Lead oversees the work of a Functional Analyst performing data migration, data conversion, process design, system configuration, report design, documentation, user acceptance testing, and go-live and post go-live troubleshooting support and activities.
The below lists all the preliminary finance process areas that will be covered within the scope of the ERP Project.
- Procure to Pay
- Order to Cash
- Close, Consolidate and Report
- Fixed Asset Management and Capital Projects
- Grants and Endowments processes including Reporting.
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Travel and Business Expenses
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Finance, Accounting, or Supply Chain Management
- Equivalent education may be considered
- Finance or Supply Chain Management with equivalent professional designation, or active enrollment in, such as CPA or SCMP
- Minimum 5 years’ demonstrated practical experience with financial reports and analysis
- Progressive experience working in a computerized accounting system
- Excellent understanding of business processes, financial and procedures
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, consultation and decision skills are required along with advanced MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio skills
- Preferred prior experience in a project environment
- The role requires experience working in a project environment with multiple priorities and strict time constraints
- Prior experience using cloud-based HR technology is preferred