This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 05, 2021
ABILITIES AND WELLNESS COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Abilities and Wellness Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $50,272 - $66,483
HIRING RANGE: $50,272 - $64,163
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 January 14
POSITION SUMMARY: The Abilities & Wellness Coordinator supports ill or injured employees by managing, reporting, analyzing and administering all disability-related absences and associated benefits and pension provisions, while providing confidential case management for short-term absences and medical maternity leaves in compliance with relevant policies, legislation and collective agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide first point of contact service to employees, supervisors/managers, departments and unions regarding short-term and long-term absences due to illness/injury
- Assist in ensuring adherence to the collective agreements
- Ensure illness benefits are allocated accurately in accordance with the collective agreements
- Work collaboratively with the various unions to ensure timely completion of referrals to LTD plan
- Order Ergonomic Equipment/Assistive devices through TVDSB e-store
- Review and Process WSIB, SBCI, Manulife and Homewood invoicing
- Provide backup and assistance during the absence of the Abilities and Wellness Specialist and Abilities and Wellness Coordinator
Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in Human Resources or equivalent. One (1) year of related work experience is required. Understanding of HRIS (IPPS/K212) programs, Disability Management software (Parklane) and Timekeeping software (TVARRIS); knowledge and understanding of Provincial Legislation (OHRC, AODA, ESA); ability to interpret collective agreement/terms and conditions sick leave language; strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work in a highly confidential environment; proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.; excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing; and the ability to work both independently and part of a team.
One (1) year of human resources related work experience is required. Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, and demonstrated experience working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Experience working with an Abilities Management System such as Parklane preferred.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Respond to inquiries and take appropriate action or redirect as necessary
- Review case information and distribute as appropriate to department staff
- Provide short-term case management for ill or injured employees and medical maternity leaves
- Maintain contact with employees appropriate to case management protocols and policy
- Determine eligibility for and administer the physiotherapy program available to employees with occupational and non-occupational injuries
- Implement infection control case management of Fifth’s Disease
- Administer five (5) / ten (10) day medical documentation requirements according to collective agreements
- Review and sign-off preplacement medicals for new employees
- Receive, review and process all medical certificates
- Liaise with insurance companies to provide information to employees and family members
- Determine short-term disability benefits, monitor sick leave balances and track benefit utilization for employees
- Process long-term-term disability claims, group life disability and employee disability pension
- Prepare and distribute insurance forms, letters, updates and other documents and correspondence
- Process, input and maintain Workplace Safety and Insurance Benefit (WSIB) claims, payments to the Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and applicable income tax forms for all long-term disability claimants
- Maintain record of payments and recoveries to be requested annually from the applicable insurance company
- Provide information and assistance to Human Resources including staffing, employee relations, benefits, and health and safety
- Identify employees in non-compliance with medical requirements and assist labour relations with the absenteeism program
- Complete LTD employer’s statement, applications for premium waivers for pension and life insurance
- Coordinate Ergonomic equipment deliveries/moves with distribution center/custodial staff