ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Web Product Director (NOC 10022) to join our team. Do you have a passion for creating innovative and engaging web products? Do you day-dream about exciting ways to extend gaming experiences and communities to the web? Do you have a passion for data and experimentation? A love for translating user experience research into actionable product roadmaps? Then this may be the job for you!
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
Permanent and full time (40 hours per week).
LANGUAGE OF WORK
LOCATION OF WORK
250 York Street, Suite 100, London, Ontario N6A 6K2 Canada.
- Build innovative web products to extend our game experiences and communities online.
- Own the high level vision, strategy and roadmap for all of our web products.
- Direct and evaluate innovative and engaging product roadmap strategies.
- Establish distribution networks for various web products.
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of talented web programmers and designers into a central web services team that can support multiple games as a service.
- Bring a focus on user experience research and design to the team and product roadmap.
- Foster a data-driven culture of continuous improvement, establishing and monitoring KPIs that grow player engagement, signups, and revenue on the web.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze the findings.
- Collaborate with our community, product marketing, growth, analytics, and development teams to ensure our web products deliver world-class, player first experiences.
- Operate effectively as a team leader and mentor, guide, coach and provide feedback.
- Gain the confidence, trust and respect from team members through effective communication, constructive feedback and fair and objective treatment of the team.
- Build a respectful, objective, encouraging atmosphere for ideas and creativity.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years managing web teams.
- Goal-oriented and competitive, with excellent follow-through on commitments.
- A strategic thinker who has created a clear and innovative vision for past products.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and experience working with and influencing a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success using data to build and prioritize product roadmaps, including using project management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with front-end and back-end web technologies, CMS, data modeling/design, working with API layers, and open source technologies (Apache, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Experience building product roadmaps around and leading UXR and UX design teams.
- Experience with web projects that compliment or extend Software as a Service or Games as a Service products - eCommerce, community, publishing, etc.
- Strong technical background in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Product Management, or a similar field.
- Bonus: Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
The wage range for the Web Product Director (NOC 10022) position is between CAD $140,000 - $153,000 per year, based on work experience and qualifications.
Digital Extremes provide a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Extended healthcare.
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Prospective discretionary bonus based on company’s financial performance and individual performance.
- RRSP matching plan.
- Reasonable moving expenses.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes Ltd. ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creative of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Section®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com.To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing clients is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at Digital Extremes
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Game night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people disabilities. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/404
LOCATION OF WORK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York Street, Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2 Canada