||Jan 08, 2021
Safran Electrical Components Canada Inc. – London site
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts, maintaining working papers on reconciled accounts, assisting in the preparation of financial statements and budgets, preparing monthly reports, assisting with internal and external audits, and participating in the monthly and year-end closing processes.
- Job Summary
The Following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare daily Cash flow and weekly Cash Position forecast.
- Perform bank and intercompany account reconciliation’s monthly.
- Prepare assets and liability account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Provide support & backup to accounts receivable, accounts payable and Payroll when required.
- Assists in preparation of financial statements and related reports including balance sheet, income statement, variance analysis and budgets & forecast.
- Able to deal with reporting deadlines.
- Monitor computerized monthly closing process closely and assist with year-end closings.
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts monthly and maintain working papers.
- Prepare and post to the general ledger standard and other journal entries including Prepaid & Fixed assets depreciation etc.
- Prepare monthly Sales Tax returns and file electronically.
- Review and process HSBC corporate credit cards.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the Internal and External Audit processes.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight to subordinates.
- Works closely with Controller to maintain accuracy of the general ledger.
- Assist with special projects and reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Controller.
- Monthly & Quarterly Corporate reporting – Flash, Reporting, ICS and Consolidation package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior Senior accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment required. Cost accounting experience highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Knowledge of Canadian Sales Tax reporting requirements.
Experience and understanding of integrated accounting software programs required; proficient on MRP system. Hyperion and /or M3 experience is helpful; advance Excel skills; intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) organizational skills are imperative in this role; ability to prioritize and multitask; possess strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal with reporting deadlines; possess excellent analytical skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Please send resumes with covering letter and salary expectations to:
We appreciate your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Experience – Technical Skills