ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Mobile Programmer to join our team. You will develop and maintain a fast pace 3D game engine including working on graphics, gameplay and AI programming as well as porting to a mobile platform. As an ideal candidate, you will have previous experience working in an AAA mobile company on mobile games. You will also be be an expert in C++ and Objective-C. Familiarity with large-scale C++ mobile project development, APIs (D3D, OpenGL, PhysX, DirectSound, DirectInput, Win32/GDI), XCode 10+, Perforce, Perl, profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX, Tuner), assembly language and low-level systems are preferred extras.
- Develop and maintain a fast pace 3D game engine including working on graphics, gameplay and AI programming as well as porting to next-gen mobile platforms.
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools pipeline to fit our game on mobile platforms.
- Ensure the technical quality through tuning and bug fixing.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Write robust, maintainable code.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Communicate concerns or updates to their manager clearly.
- B.Sc. Degree in Comp Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience.
- 2+ years game development experience, with at least one AAA mobile company.
- Expertise in C++ and Objective-C.
- Familiar with Metal/Vulkan APIs would be a plus!
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Self-starter who can manage their time effectively and complete tasks with minimal instruction.
- Willing to relocate to Canada.
- Familiarity with large-scale C++ mobile project development, APIs (D3D, OpenGL, PhysX, DirectSound, DirectInput, Win32/GDI), XCode 10+, Perforce, Perl, profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX, Tuner), assembly language and low-level systems.
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity with your resume directly on our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/3