The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,800 employees working together to educate approximately 26,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and St. Patrick Adult & Continuing Education within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
We invite applications for the full-time position of...
Psychologist or Psychological Associate
Association of Professional Student Services Personnel
100 % FTE Permanent Position
M.A Salary range: $ 62,779 - $ 86,075 commensurate with experience
(plus 4% vacation pay and an additional $2,378 annual allowance)
Ph.D. Salary range: $ 74,000 - $ 102,000 commensurate with experience
(plus 4% vacation pay)
The London District Catholic School Board invites applications for the positions of Psychologist or Psychological Associate, reporting to the Supervisor of Professional Support Staff. The successful candidates will be part of a multidisciplinary team supporting the achievement and well-being of students in both elementary and secondary schools. Psychologists and Psychological Associates provide psychological services based on a multi-tiered prevention/intervention model.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 10-month position paid over 12 months
- Increases in vacation pay based on years of service
- College of Psychologists of Ontario fees reimbursed yearly
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Psychology (Applied Psychology: Child, School, Clinical or Counseling)
- Membership with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (Candidates eligible for registration will be considered)
- Experience working with children and adolescents, preferably in a school setting.
- Proven ability to work successfully in partnership with students, parents, school and system staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a complex environment
- Possess an understanding of a multi-tiered approach to meet specific needs of all students based on their current needs
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the mission of a Catholic school system
- A valid driver’s license and access to own transportation are a necessity for the position.
Applications must include: cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of three professional references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
- Providing consultation to school staff regarding students encountering learning, behavioural and/or mental health challenges
- Conducting psychological assessments, interpreting results, writing comprehensive reports and discussing findings with parents and school staff
- Liaising with community agencies
- Participating in board committees and teams (e.g., System Crisis Response, Mental Health Advisory, Special Equipment Amount)
- Other duties as assigned:
- providing professional development to school staff
- providing clinical supervision to unregistered Psycho-educational Consultants
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
V. Romeo, Director G. Pizzuti, Chair