Payroll Control Assistant (1.0 FTE, 12 month)
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE LOOKING TO FILL ONE PERMANENT POSITION & ON-CALL TEMPORARY POSITIONS
Location: Education Centre
Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $24.51 - $29.94 per hour
Job Summary: The Payroll Control Assistant is responsible for the calculation, processing, and generation of bi-weekly payroll amounts for all employee groups, both unionized and non-union. In addition, the position is responsible for responding to inquiries from employees and outside agencies, maintaining accurate records, and producing related reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Process payrolls from initial stage to completion for unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
• Review and verify authorization documents related to payroll changes and deductions.
• Calculate deductions and reconcile payroll accounts.
• Work with the payroll team to ensure compliance with all relevant Board procedures and policies, legislation and timelines.
• Audit payrolls generated by colleagues to ensure accuracy.
• Respond to inquiries from employees regarding compensation and deductions.
• Prepare Record of Employment Forms.
• Assist auditors and finance personnel as required.
• Investigate payroll anomalies and inaccuracies and make adjustments or refer to supervisory staff.
• Administer payroll functions related to pensions, sick leave and WSIB.
• Prepare correspondence regarding advances, adjustments, retroactive payments, family support deductions or garnishees.
• Liaise with human resources staff.
• Maintain files and records.
• Provide back-up support for absent payroll staff.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent and Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. One (1) year of related work experience and the ability to use Word and Excel are also required. Selected candidates must successfully complete a practical skills assessment.
EXPIRY DATE: 2022 January 21
Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resource Services on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
This position will be posted outside the jurisdiction of the CUPE bargaining unit; however, first consideration will be given to qualified members of CUPE.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Joy Lee, Staffing Specialist, Support Staff