||Oct 13, 2020
Counselling and Accessibility Services
Employment Group: Faculty
Hours of Work per Week: 35 hours per week. Up to two evenings per week until 7:00 p.m.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a full-time temporary Sessional Faculty position (35 hours per week) until April 30, 2021.
Duties: Reporting to the Manager, Personal Counselling, the incumbent is responsible for providing personal, academic, and career counselling to students.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or a related discipline required, including a supervised clinical internship
- Professional registration required to practice psychotherapy in the province of Ontario (Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario)
- Applicants must be a current member in good standing with their respective professional College
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing clinical counselling required including demonstrated skills and knowledge of short-term counselling techniques, crisis assessment and intervention, and ability to provide psychoeducational group programming related to mindfulness, distress tolerance, and self-care
- Must be experienced in remote counselling (via phone and virtual) with both individuals and groups
- Consideration will be given to applicants with experience working with marginalized populations and who demonstrate commitment to diversity, anti-oppressive practices and trauma-informed care
- Experience supporting victims of gender-based violence and trauma is an asset
- Must understand the strengths and challenges of adults with disabilities and have knowledge of social constructs and cultural views of mental health disability
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong commitment and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and in accordance with all legal and ethical requirements
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. CSL 201900416) TO:
Manager, Personal Counselling
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.