||Oct 09, 2020
CONTROLS AND ROBOTICS PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Permanent)
Our client is a global manufacturing leader who has a diversified client base across the construction, agricultural, transportation and the marine industries, not the automotive sector. They are currently searching for a CONTROLS AND ROBOTICS PROCESS TECHNICIAN to join their team at their facility located approximately 30 minutes from London. The successful individual will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of equipment and hardware as well as controls and programming of PLCs and robots.
Perks & Benefits:
- Very secure global company, similar to the automotive company but without as many ups and downs.
- Competitive wage that is reviewed annually.
- Comprehensive health benefits plan which includes dental, health care, prescriptions, vision and all PPE are supplied.
- Company supported pension through RRSP contributions.
- Voluntary over-time – not mandatory!
Systems setup and maintenance
Equipment and hardware maintenance
- Create and maintain an organized back-up system on the company network to save all PLC and robot programs.
- Maintain a program revision log for all PLC and robot programs
- Assist in the development of controls and robotics programming standards. This includes hardware and programming methods
Controls and Programming – PLC and Robot
- Ensure PLC and robotics hardware spares are maintained for all pieces of equipment
- Follow OEM guidelines for provide recommendations as input for preventative maintenance
- Develop and advise on a list of critical components and spare parts
- Create PLC and robot programs for new jobs or equipment
- Assist with concepts or designs of new automation
- Support repairs, communicate on work status, and provide reports.
- Assist production and maintenance personnel by:
- Providing PLC and Robotics assistance when troubleshooting
- Assisting with root cause analysis
- Assisting with any continuous improvement activities that involve PLC or robotics support
- Creating training aids and instructions for maintenance and production staff such as safe handling, manual movements of robot, fault recovery, setting TCP, setting absolute data, et cetera
- Providing “On the Job” training focusing on safety as required
- Assisting maintenance personnel to become familiar with Siemens S7 and ABB Robotics for basic troubleshooting
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
- At least 2 years of hands on controls and robotics experience.
- Experienced with robotic vision systems.
- Proficient using Siemens S7.
- Proficient with ABB IRC5 Controllers and Robotics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Access to reliable transportation as this company is located 30 minutes from London.
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.