This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 06, 2022
TEMPORARY STAFFING COORDINATOR (2 POSITIONS)
(Estimated six (6) month assignment with possibility of extension)
JOB TITLE: Temporary Staffing Coordinator
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
SALARY RANGE: $25.36 - $33.54 per hour
HIRING RANGE: $25.36 - $32.37 per hour
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 January 17
The Staffing Coordinator works collaboratively with Staffing Specialists to expedite HR staffing processes for all employee groups. The Staffing Coordinator provides a high level of customer service to job applicants and various other internal stakeholders. The Staffing Coordinator supports the recruitment lifecycle from external postings through to onboarding of new hires, employee transfers, leave of absence approvals and absence management, up to retirements and resignations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful completion of a two (2) year post-secondary program in Human Resources or equivalent or a degree combined with a post-secondary program in Human Resources or equivalent.
One (1) year of Human Resources related work experience is required. Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite is required, and experience working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is preferred.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements
- Create and update employee records in human resource information system related to position, compensation, absence, transfer, sick leave, benefits, termination and retirement.
- Research and resolve issues related to data, and complete calculations to ensure record accuracy.
- Correct absence data and/or pay records.
- Meet regular system deadlines for data entry.
- Notify supervisors and employees regarding deficit accounts for vacation and sick leave and take necessary action, including preparing memos, letters and pay deductions.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and the public regarding recruitment and selection processes.
- Verify details and create job postings.
- Make all arrangements to advertise postings through electronic and print media.
- Collect and screen applications.
- Proctor and mark applicant skills assessments.
- Prepare interview materials and new employee packages.
- Contact police services and prepare forms as required to facilitate police record checks for applicants.
- Prepare forms, correspondence and documents related to staffing processes and collective agreement administration.
- Organize interview sessions as required.
- Audit work assignments accepted by temporary employees and follow-up as necessary to maximize filled vacancies.
- Complete reference checks for employees as requested.
- Arrange rooms for interviews, testing and documentation sessions.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination attestation requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed