VP Distribution – Brantford ON
Sunrise Warehousing Company 3PL Distribution Facility in Brantford Ontario, serves a variety of customers and Solis Foods Corporation Inc. who is a leading manufacturer of high quality snack inspired foods for both in- home and out-of-home consumption. Our MexiCasa brand has been trusted by consumers for over 20 years. Solis is an innovator in Mexican main meal and snack foods for all channels of distribution. Our state of the art manufacturing and distribution facilities, located in St. Mary’s, Ontario and Calgary Alberta service clients with the mission of ‘providing the highest quality products with exceptional service and great value for its customers’.
The VP of Distribution
is responsible to develop strategic sales operating plans to insure the company has appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth for Sunrise Warehousing Company Inc. The scope includes logistics and management.
- Directly reporting to VP of Distribution are Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and leadership of the Distribution function for Sunrise Warehousing Company Inc. and affiliated companies
- To develop Distribution models to determine and validate business strategies.
- Develop and implement systems to continually improve ability to achieve 100% fill rates for all orders from all facilities.
- Establish and monitor KPI’s for each distribution facility.
- Leadership and development of Distribution personnel.
- Develop and manage yearly capital plans
- Monitoring sales forecasts to identify any effect on the distribution
- Responsible for the Development Distribution best practices management procedures.
- Builds and develops relationships with customers
- Ensures quality standards, safety programs, HACCP, CFIA and SQF programs are adhered to.
- Responsible for attaining of business plan for growth and profit.
- Implements process improvements and management methods required to generate ROI.
- Reviews performance against Distribution plans and standards and reports weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Strategically develops specific short term and long term plans and programs coupled with a budget proposal
- Serve as executive owner of business development P&L, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting.
- Collaborates with all senior managers in establishing, communicating and implementing company objectives.
- 10+ years in a Distribution management experience (in a food industry preferred)
- 5 – 10 Years in Distribution role
- Experience in the food industry / manufacturing/ global distribution
- Ability to travel to within Canada, United States and other locations as necessary
- An understanding of business and management principles, leadership strategies and strategic planning.
- Familiarity with the principles of transportation.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, along with forecasting and analyzing data and financial information.
- Strategic leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
All interested candidates should forward their resume to Human Resources at HR@solisfoods.com
We would like to thank you everyone for their interest in this position; however only those Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Solis Foods will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.